From my kitchen to yours~"It's not in the ingredients, it's in the execution."

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stuffed Sole

Sole is perfect for stuffing. It's flexibility makes it easy to wrap and it's mild flavour allows for a myriad of stuffing options. My version is light and fresh, but more importantly it's easy.

8 large, boneless and skinless sole fillets
8 toothpicks

stuff it:
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained (juice reserved)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1tsp fresh, grated ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
1/4 cup slant cut, green onions
pinch of salt
  • mix ingredients in a bowl
  • with a spoon, fill the centre of each fillet
  • fold each end to the centre and fix with a toothpick
  • bake for 15-20 minutes in a 375F oven, or until the fish is white

drizzle it:
1 cup Balkan style yogurt (6%)
reserved pineapple juice
16 tagliatelle nests, cooked in salted chicken stock (or broth) and 3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped
nutmeg
  • once cooked, remove the toothpicks and place each fillet on top of 2 nests in the centre of a plate
  • drizzle each fillet with the mix of yogurt and juice
  • garnish with peanuts and a pinch of nutmeg

You're welcome ;o)

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

If YOU made it - I might eat fish. But only cuz everything I've ever eaten that you've made it OUT OF THIS WORLD.

...but I donnalikadafeeesh.

x

Verdant Earl said...

Sounds delish.

Can I make a non-sexual request? I have to make an appetizer for Sunday's Easter Dinner with my family. We are having Duck for dinner. Any suggestions? Easy recipes are preferred over difficult ones.

Kat said...

liz- I can turn you on to fish. If you want. huh?

earl- ummm. stuffed tomatoes with shrimp and Stilton? Spinach and Avocado soup with pistachio sour cream (sounds hard but it ain't)? Brie Ravioli? Let me know if any of those sounds good and I'll post the recipes for you. If I come up with more I'll pop back.

Kat said...

earl- you probably have a hundred good bakeries near you. Find one that makes walnut bread. Cut it into cracker-sized squares, brush it with butter and toast it in the oven. Lay a slice of bosc pear then a morsel of stilton and drizzle with a blend of finely chopped green onion and marmalade.

Kat said...

There are also 3 recipes titled simple pleasures down the bottom of the page that are easy, but I'm not sure if they'd go with your duck or not. I guess it depends how you're preparing it.

Verdant Earl said...

I lamed out and made a spinach cheese dip served in filo bread cups. Twas easy, but thanks for the recipes.