From my kitchen to yours~"It's not in the ingredients, it's in the execution."

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Stuffed Tomatoes

Earl was looking for any easy appetizer to compliment his duck on the weekend. I haven't yet caught any specifics on how the duck is to be prepared but this appy is an easy one as was part of his request. Thought I'd post it in the mean time (pending more duck info) as I came across this pic last evening whilst doing some long overdue editing of my Christmas footage.

Stuff:cherry tomatoes, equal parts stilton and marscapone, mini shrimp (all as needed)

It: Slice the tops off the tomatoes. I used a baby spoon to scoop out the seeds (great tool...even if you don't happen to have a baby!) without disturbing the natural 'wall'. Blend the 2 cheeses together. Pipe* the mixture into one side of the tomato and place a shrimp on the other side. Done.

*I bought a cake piper with an assortment of tips at my local dollar store. Works like a dream...for a buck!

7 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Alas, we already have someone making a shrimp themed appy. I don't know how the duck is being prepared - my sister in-law is very secretive about her meals - so its really up in the air as to the apps we bring.

Kat said...

Did you read the thread below? I made some other suggestions there.

kate smudges said...

I'm glad you are posting more recipes here - but sad you are thinking of closing down Spit it out. I have Spit it out listed in my links so I'd better change it to eat it up.

Slyde said...

Whew.. for a minute there i misread "duck" in your post....

Tits McGee said...

You're invited.

Tits McGee said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Slyde said...

come back to me, sweetheart!